The company is an affiliate of High Real Estate Group LLC and part of the High® companies — a multi-faceted group of businesses with a long-standing tradition for quality products and services since its founding more than 80 years ago.
Founded and based in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, the High organization's history began during the Great Depression in 1931 when Sanford High purchased King Welding Company. The company grew and expanded to include steel fabrication. Eventually, their expertise and technological leadership, rooted in welding, would be credited with revolutionizing bridge building.
The High organization's growth continued and is today a diverse organization that includes High Steel Structures LLC; High Concrete Group LLC; High Steel Service Center LLC; High Transit LLC; High Real Estate Group LLC;and its affiliates High Associates Ltd.; High Construction Company; Greenfield Architects Ltd.; High Investors Ltd.; High Environmental Health & Safety Consulting Services Ltd.; and High Hotels Ltd.
- 1988 High Hotels Ltd. is started as an affiliated company of High Industries, Inc. to develop, acquire, and manage limited-service hotels in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- 1989 High Hotels' first hotel opens, Hampton Inn in Lancaster, PA
- 1990 Lancaster Hampton Inn wins first place Winegardner Award from Promus Hotels, Inc. as top performer in the system. Second hotel opens, Hampton Inn Harrisburg-West in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- 1991 Hampton Inn - Harrisburg-West wins first place Winegardner Award. Hampton Inn - Lancaster receives 2nd place.
- 1992 The Hampton Inn in York, PA opens.
- 1994 High Hotels acquires the Hampton Inn in Reading, PA.
- 1995 The first all-suites hotel product opens, Homewood Suites Harrisburg-West in Mechanicsburg, PA. This hotel also wins award from Promus Hotels, Inc. for having the 'Highest Guest Satisfaction Scores" in the history of Homewood Suites Hotels.
- 1997 First hotel outside of Pennsylvania opens, Hampton Inn & Suites in Annapolis, MD.
- 1999 Two new hotels are opened, Homewood Suites in Reading, PA and Hampton Inn in Middletown, NY.
- 2001 High Hotels completes a 32-Suite expansion of the Homewood Suites Harrisburg-West.
- 2002 First Hilton Garden Inn branded hotel opens in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- 2003 The first Marriott branded hotel, Courtyard by Marriott opens in Middletown, NY and the Hampton Inn in Reading, PA is sold.
- 2005 A Courtyard by Marriott hotel is added in Lancaster, PA as part of the Greenfield Corporate Center.
- 2007 The Homewood Suites hotel in Reading, PA, completes an expansion.
- 2010 First SpringHill Suites by Marriott extended stay hotel opens in Ewing, NJ.
- 2012 High Hotels acquires the Hampton Inn hotel in Lexington Park, MD.
- 2014 The TownePlace Suites by Marriott extended stay hotel is opened in Mechanicsburg, PA as part of the Rossmoyne Corporate Center.
- 2015 High Hotels breaks ground on the new SpringHill Suites hotel in Mt Laurel, NJ. It is slated to open in fall of 2016.
- 2016 High Hotels breaks ground on SpringHill Suites hotel in Allentown Bethlehem/Center Valley, PA.
- 2017 High Hotels opens doors to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Mt Laurel, NJ and SpringHill Suites by Marriott Allentown Bethlehem/Center Valley, PA. High Hotels purchases Courtyard by Marriott Ewing/Princeton, NJ.